Monday, April 7, 2008

IU Game....well sortof

This past Friday, April 4th, the BSU women's rugby team had a game down at IU against the Red Storm women's team [that's what they are called]. And for lack-of-better-words we got our butts kicked, 88-0!! O yeah it was hard to watch. I played the first half until I got hit hard by an IU woman who just tackled me at a angle so when I landed I ended up getting whiplash and a minor headache. I didn't move too quickly after that one. Well needless to say we played a 3rd half after the official game for the B-sides to play, meaning its just more practice for both teams. But the best part of the whole night was the social. This is where we went to an IU house to party, pretty much. It was the home of a couple of girls, a dog named Penny, and 3 cats it was called the Sin Bin [when there's a serious penalty on a rugby field, the player(s) are sent to their tryzone area called a sin bin in this instant]. I had never been to a social between our teams before but man, it was insane! There were around 30 people in a small house, trying to fill up 2 rooms and there were more people coming in through the night that were not part of either women's team but who knew players. There was singing, yelling, laughing, drinking, and everyone being wild. It was the most fun I've ever had especially after losing so badly and getting hurt. If anyone ever has a chance to be around a rugby social whether guys or girls you should take the chance because its definently a unique experience.

-Spence-

No comments: